The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday October 4, 2010 at 17:56
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
The PackAndGo file I have posted was created using PEP v1 and contains no ProntoScript. That being said, it should download and function properly even on the latest firmware. I do have a laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, but have never tried creating or downloading a PackAndGo file with it. Could certainly give it a shot and report back.

On a related note...
I've since incorporated ProntoScript throughout my configuration file. It's much improved as a result, so I'd like to make an updated version of my PackAndGo file available. Now even though I don't use PEP v2 I'd like to create the PackAndGo file in PEP v2 as to ensure the ProntoScript on my firmkeys works for people running the current firmware. (There is a PEP v1 bug in the last couple firmware releases where if you download your configuration file using PEP v1 any ProntoScript on the firmkeys will not work. This would apply to PackAndGo files created using PEP v1 as well.) Unfortunately, once opening my PEP v1 configuration file in PEP v2 I'm unable to successfully run the Simulator, download to the remote, or create a PackAndGo file. I'm receiving an "out of memory" error. I've tried all the suggestions posted here on the forums per this issue with no success. That being said, if I open a copy of my PEP v1 configuration file in PEP v2 which contains only learned IR codes (no database codes) I'm then able to successfully run the Simulator, download to the remote, and create a PackAndGo file. The difference here being that my configuration file at that point contains no IR codes or references to those IR codes. Clearly the inclusion of my IR codes and references to those IR codes in PEP v2 is resulting in the out of memory error. Irrespective of this, I guess I could still create a PackAndGo file in this fashion. This would at least allow people running the latest firmware to check out my configuration file without first having to downgrade their firmware. It's not like the remote needs to send the IR codes anyway in this case.

Last edited by Lowpro on October 4, 2010 21:12.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse