The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday September 23, 2010 at 10:26
WharfRat48
Lurking Member
March 2009
As I posted below, my Pronto TSU3000 just died and I need a replacement. I'm looking for:

1) Price -- around $100

2) Components- I have a mix of older and newer stuff, newer Onkyo reciever, Uverse remote, Samsung plasma, old panasonic DVD player, old vcr etc

3) Utility- I assume it will have to be a learning remote, since I was unable to find codes for some of the companents when programming my Pronto. I also liked being able to push a single button to turn on my TV, cable box, receiver, select sound output (also receiver), select source (also receiver) all at once. So macros are a must too.

4) I did like having the touch screen and the ability to customize it, however this is not a deal breaker and a remote with just buttons will work too.

After some research, it looks like the Logitech 700 or the URC R50 might fit the bill. There is a great review of the R50 on this site, but could not find one of the 700 so I would like to get some input on the differences of the 2. Sounds like the R50 may by much harder to program then the 700 and does not use a PC to program (not sure whether this is good or bad).

So let me know what you think between these two or any others in this price range. Thanks

thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse