The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday September 9, 2010 at 19:16
bnokes@AAVViD
Long Time Member
June 2009
with all that said this below send the command out to the RFX9600 and i see a light flash, but when i check my Matrix nothing.
var e,s;
e = CF.extender[1];
if (!e) {
Diagnostics.log("Extender 1 is not defined");
} else {
s = e.serial[0];
if (!s) {
Diagnostics.log("Extender 0 is not a serial extender");
} else {
s.bitrate = 9600;
s.databits = 8;
s.parity = 0; // None
s.stopbits = 1;
s.send("**OK!!");
label = s.match(" ","\r",250);
}
}

In Hyperterminal you have i can do this:

After the command string has been executed, the routing switcher returns the string " OK " (with
a single space character before and after the word "OK"), followed by the trailer (!!) and a CR
(carriage return, ASCII 0D) character, to the host. This indicates that the command has executed
GENERIC PROTOCOL
successfully. If an error occurs within any command of a command string, the remainder of the
command string is ignored and the router returns the string " ERROR ", followed by an optional
descriptive string followed by a string of trailer characters and a CR character, to the host. An
error can be caused by an unknown command name or bad arguments to a command.
The simplest possible command string would be:**!! which consists of the leader and trailer
characters but no commands between them. This command string would generate the response:
** OK !!
This can be useful for verifying that the serial link to the router is operational. In routers requiring
only one leader/trailer character, the simplest command string would be: *! which would generate
the response:
* OK !

how can i also check to see if i am getting anything back from the Matrix RS232 I have been looking at the sending and receiving command label = s.match("i have a question here\r","\r",250); this is for receiving but how do i get its information like with Hyperterminal.

I thank you for any of your time, I just need a little more understanding of this for the matrix and then i should be ok

Hosting Services by ipHouse