The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday September 9, 2010 at 11:11
Mr Griffiths
It's my lucky day!
February 2005
CDG was a format that came by by accident allowing graphics on the spare space on a CD and strangley enough this became the defacto standard for karaoke discs

of course it wasnt long before pirates found a way to copy them then later still to make them in a computer format ..CDG bin files are turned into two files one is a graphics file and one the audio the most common computer karaoke file type is MP3+G mp3 being the music +G being the limited graphics. with such small file sizes you can store 1000's of tracks on a hard drive .

of course now people like nice graphics and better sound but karaoke manufacturers have tried and still make DVD karaoke but they are not as quick and easy to produce as cheap simple CDG also i believe there are different royalties etc

so we seem to be stuck with a format that is antiquated but has a massive back catalogue and is easily digitised ...there have been variants of CDG with super CDG etc but these never took off .

great advice Daniel and its good to get different perspectives .

You can on karaoke creation software use any font , i have made a few own tracks using helvetica and simple colors.

the fact is most of these companies dont want to pay for a Designer so you get a clip art kids bedroom result :(

Hosting Services by ipHouse