Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday August 12, 2010 at 11:09
Jonesie1971
Lurking Member
August 2010
Hi,

I'm fairly new to this too, but have managed to configure PadOne for Windows7 Media Center / Media Player using a TSU9300.

It took me quite a while to get it working following a few teething issues with Wireless Security and Windows Firewall, but it does now work.

Having said that, I'm not very impressed to be honest. The scroll wheel does now work which is not available via IR, but the on-screen interface provided with ProntoEdit Pro2 is poor. Clunky at best and doesn't seem to have many of the features you would expect from a music Media Center - such as building playlists on the go etc. The are also delays in response when selecting tracks - though that may be my setup in fairness. You can build the panel in ProntoEdit Pro 2 and you'll quickly get a sense of it. (Right click Project Overview and Insert WMC).

I find it as easy using an IR6 based interface to control WMC for music functions through WMC though you lose the music listings on the pronto screen and use of wheel that way so you still need your TV on.

All in all not great and I can see myself replacing Pronto with Sonos for Music browsing as the Sonos System takes some beating - I already have it in another room.

A real shame though because Pronto for Video/Cable TV control is great and the whole point is to have a single device!

Good luck!

Hosting Services by ipHouse