The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Friday August 6, 2010 at 17:14
NorCal AV
Long Time Member
July 2010
G, much can be done with the system. 3 completed systems so far. But dont get too hung up on the whole "sandbox" thing. Because you may start to believe that "in the sandbox" automatically equates with a simple job and "out of the sandbox" automatically equates with a complex job. Not that black & white once you start fooling around with the program. There are many simple, everyday programming tasks and project arrangements that will take you out of Prodigy Composer and into Systembuilder. Tis the nature of the beast.

I've learned much - primarily through trial and error, and I'm seeing my programming headaches being reduced. You just have to prepare yourself mentally that it will take some time to wrap your head around the unique ways SystemBuilder would like to see things done. Composer is a super-easy program to navigate through. ToolBox [a Crestron multi-faceted utility program] can look daunting at first but is really straightforward once you know where to look for certain features or troubleshooting tools. Fortunately, I've had several years to use it, which really helps me in setting up my Prodigy components. It's some of these very issues that a community thread could help new dealers overcome quickly.

Is Prodigy or SystemBuilder rocket-science? Nope. Could it be better? Yup. I'd wholeheartedly recommend getting a demo unit to play with inhouse before going full-speed ahead with it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse