The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday August 4, 2010 at 16:09
Ted Gatlin
Founding Member
February 2002
I have been a long time user of various Pronto remotes. I had a TSU-9600 setup via network originally - but the past couple of years I have been using the stand alone with the TSU-9600/9800 along with the RFX-9400. It has been and still is working great.

Wanting to do a little more with my Home Theater I have purchased a RFX-9600 and have been trying to setup it up (with NO success) for the past few days. I am fairly computer literate but I will be the first to admit I am barely above the illiterate
level when it come to networking. I was very thankful when Windows 7 came along and basically all you had to do is plug everything in and it works when it came to networking.

Here is what I have -

TSU-9800 remote - Latest Firmware Installed
RFX -9600 Extender - Latest Firmware Installed
Netgear Router (N300)

I have tried a lot of combinations and nothing has worked. I have some VERY basic questions which will probably show my lack of knowledge when it comes to networking.

1) Are all of the IP addresses different for each piece of equipment?
2) Is the SSID obtained by the Pronto or am I missing where it should be entered in the programming for the remote?
3) Is DHCP better/worse than individual IP addresses?
4) If using DHCP should it be used the remote, extender and router.

Maybe if someone could list the A/B/C's of setup entry for the remote and extender and what the router should be set.

To this point everything I have done and downloaded to the remote results in the network icon at the top of the display having a RED X through it.

I probably have not asked all the questions I should have - so anyone having any ideas that might help - please pitch in.

By the way I have read the post by "gopronto" and many others so it is not like I have not searched and tried to solve this on my own.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!

Ted

Hosting Services by ipHouse