The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Sunday August 1, 2010 at 18:56
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
On August 1, 2010 at 16:19, longshot16 said...
Crestron has updated wireless panels coming out. And I agree the iPad will drive sales of automation systems. I say do it and when apple updates/ replaces it in a year Ill be happy update that program for you sir. Dedicated panels are for the system only, ipads will be outdated every twelve months and folks will keep up with them continuously needing new programming.

Have you had any experience with having to update crestron mobile files because the client moved from say a 3G to a 3GS or from a 3GS to the iPhone4? This could potentially be a problem if there is any truth to it.

As for it being outdated every twelve months i dont agree with that. Its a basic no button touchpanel and there should be no reason to replace it in 12 months as it will continue to operate the system just as it did the day it was installed. And when it does get replaced due to damage or whatever i would wager that the 2nd 3rd and 4th generation panel will still have the same features as the 1st gen just like with the iPhone. 4 versions and the new one always works with the previous version apps. Crestron Mobile shouldnt be any different. Sure there are updates for the apps but we are talking about a replacement panel. Its not like this is going to happen often.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse