The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday July 29, 2010 at 10:04
GreenLantern
Long Time Member
April 2004
Yeah, after reading through much of the available material I had given some thought of just trying the program myself. I'm not sure why I didn't go that route in the first place. I remembered reading that to tap into the horsepower of the Pronto Professional editor, you had to become certified as an installer. That was what prompted me to start this thread in the first place. I expected that I would be able to figure out how to use the new editor after some practice with it but I was worried that I would have to take tests and such to be able to use all the capabilities of the remote. Basically, I just want to be a recreational, independent programmer of my own system. I have no interest in becoming "certified" as an installer.

So, will I be able to tap into the majority of the 9600's capabilities (sans prontoscript, which I am still not quite sure I understand fully about) by just downloading the program and using some good old-fashioned practice? And as far as prontoscript is concerned, can someone give me an example of its use in practice? I know that I have come across "Pad One" for Windows MCE here and there. Is that an example of prontoscript?

Hosting Services by ipHouse