The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday July 27, 2010 at 10:58
GreenLantern
Long Time Member
April 2004
In reading through some of the threads that appear to ask some of the questions that I have about Pronto Professional, I have finally just decided to start a thread to hopefully point me in the right direction less painfully. So here we go:

I currently have a 6000 and 7000 that I consider myself to be fairly proficient at programming thanks to countless different configurations that I have gone through over the years. Now I am very interested in "stepping my game up" and purchasing a 9600. Can someone give me their impressions on the learning curve in comparison to Pronto Edit NG for the 7000. Like I said, I believe that I know that software like the back of my hand (basically taught it to myself with some trial and error) but after attempting to read through the threads in relation to Pronto Professional, I am having a helluva time trying to figure out what people are talking about. Now, I'm sure there must be threads that compare the 2 software packages but what I am looking for is something detailed that maybe explains the terminology differences as well as any design/layout or functional differences all within the same thread or post.

One question in particular that I have is: right now I am using several RF extenders. They are mounted in key locations so as to send IR signals to my components that are out of sight. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that the extender for the 9600 requires the use of ir emitters and does not actually send an IR signal (wirelessly) out to the components. This is okay for some of my equipment but I have a whole-house Leviton Vizia RF lighting system that responds to my IR commands directly from my extenders. It is just not possible to run a wire from the extender to the IR receiver of my Vizia controllers because it would have to run up the wall to the junction boxes where my light switches/controllers are located (in plain sight) Now am I interpreting this wrong or am I SOL in this regard?

Anyway, I appreciate any responses as I am sure this is the 1000th time someone has asked similar questions.

Last edited by GreenLantern on September 20, 2010 15:04.

Hosting Services by ipHouse