The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday July 9, 2010 at 18:59
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
There is no reason to use PEP v2 unless there are specific features that you desire only offered by PEP v2. At anytime you can open your PEP v1 XCF in PEP v2 and save it as a PEP v2 file. I don't use PEP v2 myself. In my case it would be a huge waste of time due to the gimped user interface and lack of core features always available per prior Pronto editors which I refuse to do without. I'm perfectly content to continue using PEP v1 in conjunction with the proper firmware. PEP v1 provides a far superior user interface for starters. Just compare the traditional tree/page view and properties window of PEP v1 to the reinvention of said items in PEP v2. PEP v1 is clearly superior in this regard. PEP v1 also retains many of the features all prior Pronto editors offered such as the ability to have multiple configuration files opened at the same time, the "Link" action, and the ability to store learned IR codes to buttons. I don't want to use the merge function for simple copy and paste operations between configuration files. I don't want to create a commonly used macro when I can just link to the action list of any button in my configuration file from a given button. I don't want to use My Database to store my IR codes. In a word, PEP v1 gives you a choice. PEP v2 does not. And as I stated in my opening comments, you can open a PEP v1 XCF in PEP v2 at anytime, then saving said file in PEP v2. Just keep in mind that once saved in PEP v2 that given file will no longer open in PEP v1.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse