The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday July 8, 2010 at 16:00
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
Using a transparent text panel allows for pixel perfect placement of your text over a given button or panel. I use this method as well in cases where, irrespective of the graphic used the alignment options do not align the text properly. I even use this method where the alignment options won't align the text properly on a simple colored text panel where no graphic is used. During the beta test for the TSU9600 and PEP I submitted a couple bug reports with respects to the alignment functions. Unfortunately those issues persisted through all releases of PEP v1. I don't use PEP v2, so I can't speak to that. I even remember commenting during the beta test on the stock graphics which came with the editor as no attempt was made to ensure (when feasible) that the text would actually be displayed on the actual area of the graphic intended for the text. It's not rocket science. If you have a button for instance which contains a drop shadow simply ensure there is an equal amount of fully transparent area above the actual button part of the graphic. This will ensure that the center of the entire graphic is actually the center of the button area of the graphic where text is intended to go. But it digress.... :-(

Last edited by Lowpro on July 8, 2010 16:29.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse