Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday July 8, 2010 at 04:34
leemcg
Founding Member
August 2001
Hello

I used to hang around here when I had the original Pronto programmed them myself, but now I have an installer because there were too many wife-unfriendly moments! Glad to see my old log-in works!

My installer has provided me with his Pronto Pro files to enable me to edit them for asthetics. He doesn't have the same obsessive focus on the look and I'm happy to have a play around. However that isn't relevant to my query - but if the answer is scripting, it's going to be outside my current comfort zone.

My question is this: Is it possible to define the location of text on buttons more accurately that just the obvious alignment options? Well rather, I know it is possible - I can create an icon for every button and put the text on it in my drawing program - what are the options and the easiest way to do things?

The problem arises because most of the button designs (or at least the ones I'm using) have a shadow as part of the bitmap, so the centre of the bitmap doesn't correspond to the centre of the actual button part. Also, I have been experimenting with pressed states that seem to actually press down (the button graphics move a couple of pixels to the right and down, closer to the shadow), and then I'd need the text to be 2 pixels lower and to the right on the pressed version.

My ideas at present are
1. Create lots more bitmaps with the text on them (and the pressed versions with the text moved too). This will obviously look best, but will take ages to draw and them import.

2. Just have blank buttons with text boxes on top. This seems like half a solution, and there are a few issues that I'd like to know more about: Can I make it so that presses on text boxes are ignored (somehow passed through), or do I have to copy the actions to the text box itself (I think that's possible). Also is there any way to move text boxes when the main button is pressed - assume this would definitely need scripting.

Has anyone encountered the same problem, and what are your solutions?

Thanks in advance

Lee

Hosting Services by ipHouse