Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday June 3, 2010 at 10:04
ScottGrimes
Long Time Member
April 2007
On June 3, 2010 at 01:00, pnw said...
Your screenshots look great!

The ProntoScript Developer's Guide (v1.3) has an example script for Label Animation on page 38. The example stores the original label, and then scrolls it with 'label = label.substring(1)'. The scrolling speed is controlled with scheduleAfter. Once the label is blank, the function resets the label back to the original.

I won't post the entire example code here since it doesn't all apply, but it should be possible to adapt it to your needs.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have reduced the code down to what is necessary to make it work. I also got it to add the removed characters at the beginning of the text field and put them at the end. That way it looks like the text continuously loops around instead of removing characters at the start of the text until there is nothing left and then suddenly it starting all over again with the entire string again. I think it flows better this way... at least for my particular application.

I will test the code in the weather module itself... hopefully all goes well. Will keep you posted.

Scott
Scott Grimes
Liquid Designs
Scott.Grimes@hotmail.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse