The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Monday May 24, 2010 at 10:17
Gman-north
Select Member
February 2009
On May 24, 2010 at 09:36, Audible Solutions said...
I haven't tried to go further than 15 ft with a PLX2. But why would you? The idea is to control multiple rooms with a single remote? I don't like doing this with Crestron's scrolling GUI on fixed panels. On a RF UI, I like this even less.

I hope you are getting paid for labor for attempting to save equipment dollars but I suspect you're not. I know I wasn't paid for the additional programming when I had to do this.

Alan

Alan,
Yes, given the fact that we can't get wire to a TP location in any of the rooms, my initial thoughts were to control all rooms with one remote. It's not necessarily a cost issue. It's that the customer wants no drywall cuts to do this. The concern I have, as you have, is the distance that this remote will be travelling from the processor at any given time. MLX2's are out for obvious reasons. The 6X may have been an option ( the spec reads that the range is 100 to 200 feet indoors). But once again, I'm not buying that unless someone else can chime in and say that they have had success at this range with the 6X........

Hosting Services by ipHouse