Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday May 24, 2010 at 09:36
Audible Solutions
March 2004
I have only dealt with the MLX-2 as part of a Prodigy system where it's worked perfectly fine doing the tasks assigned. Consequently, MLX2 ( or PLX2 ) has had its own gateway. However, STX panels required 1:1 STRX or TPSRFGWX gateways. Isn't this the expected design engineering for 2-way remote?

I haven't tried to go further than 15 ft with a PLX2. But why would you? The idea is to control multiple rooms with a single remote? I don't like doing this with Crestron's scrolling GUI on fixed panels. On a RF UI, I like this even less.

It sounds to me as if you are pushing things. 150 ft connectivity, roaming, single UI controlling multiple zones. It can be done and most of us have done it. But it's still not an advantageous design. Maintaining awareness of which zone is being controlled is going to be a real issue on a 3x or 4x. I've done it with an 8x and with STX-1700CXP.

I hope you are getting paid for labor for attempting to save equipment dollars but I suspect you're not. I know I wasn't paid for the additional programming when I had to do this.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse