Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday May 21, 2010 at 12:18
Jason Baxter
Long Time Member
January 2008
OK here is my setup.

I have a central located equipment closet with a Media Center PC for DVD's and running Casatunes for audio (will upgrade to Nuvo's new music server soon) with my Nuvo Grand Concerto, 2 Comcast DVR's, Gefen 4x4 Component Video/Audio Matrix switch.

I also have a theater room with a Pioneer Elite Receiver, Xbox 360 and Blueray player (currently using IR for this but would like to go RF).

I am Using 3 Harmony 890 Pro's right now to control 5 rooms. I have the RF receiver located in the closet and using IR for the TV's and theater room.

I would like to have some two way feedback capabilities and maybe the ability to control my music server with a touch user interface. Most of my remote usage will be for standard TV viewing. I would also like to add some wireless lighting. It is important that I can select all 5 rooms with any remote.

Hard buttons are important to me for standard TV viewing so maybe a combination of 2 hard button remotes and 1 touchscreen.

Cost is not a huge factor as I come from the cheaper harmony brand where I tried to cut cost. I will pay for good remotes.

I will program these remotes myself so software programming is also of importance.

RF and Zigbee has me pretty confused as to what is the better option?

The remotes I am more interested in are:
RTI - T2-C, T2-Cs, T3-V and T4
URC - MX-980, MX-880, MX-5000 and MX-6000
Pronto - TSU-9300, 9400 and 9600.

Any advantages given for Pronto over URC and RTI would be great.

Thank you for any advice given.

Hosting Services by ipHouse