Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 48 made on Wednesday May 19, 2010 at 05:15
leonpjhb
Lurking Member
January 2009
Hi Poojoe,

I recently purchased a copy of your script and have it running on a 9800. I am not an installer, although I have configured all my Prontos by myself. The reason I mention this is so that you know I am giving feedback from the perspective of the end-user and "installer" all at the same time...

General feedback:
- Installation was easy and straight-forward, especially seeing that I already had my Itunes library set up, no seperate servers (twonky, Logitech, etc) to set up.
- It works great, certainly better than some other media interface scripts that I have tried and it lets me interct with my media in the wayy that I am used to viewing it in Itunes - there is no new phylosophy to understand / learn so my wife Gets it!
- It is the answer to SOME of my multimedia control issues, but could nbe all I think (more below)
- The support so far has been efficient and friendly.

Concerns / Suggestions:
1. Can you send an email updating users of the latest releases when they are available?
2. The pronto sometimes gets "bogged-down" and stops responding to input commands when this script is running, only to sort itself out and then continues to work after 15 or so seconds.
3. You currently, as far as I understand, only support the control of media that is stored on the AppleTV itself. Now if the user uses the AppleTV only as a streamer this application is useless. In my case I have a seperate NAS Server that I use to store my (large) media library containing all my DVD's, music in lossless format and my entire iPhoto Library. This media is unable to fit entirely onto the AppleTV HDD. For my personal purposes then it needs further enhancement to fit in with my architecture (or any fairly large library)...
4. No support for iPhoto is a pity, although you can navigate most other media (Movies, Music, Podcasts, etc)

The ability to view / hear all "Mac Media" in "high" quality on my Home cinema screen with an easy to use interface is why I decided to get an AppleTV - it unites everything better than most expensive AV Servers (IMO).

If your software evolves to the point where it can control the ATV functionality (taking into consideration the above points) and show what is happening on the Pronto Screen, you are really putting a lot of other high-end systems to shame in my view. Well done in this case...

Regards

Leon
South Africa

Hosting Services by ipHouse