RemoteCentral.com
Philips Pronto NG Family Forum - View Post
Previous section Next section Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Topic:
TSU 7000 Couldn't find 7000 forum - "The remote control is not connected to your computer"
This thread has 1 response. Displaying all posts.
Post 1 made on Thursday October 28, 2010 at 21:03
Dennis Gipe
Long Time Member
December 2003
"The remote control is not connected to your computer" This is the error message I get. The forum has changed a lot since I was here last. Tried 2 computers, same message . I tried connecting cable to both the remote and the charger. Tried 3 cables that fit but I don't know if any were my original 7000 cable. Didn't mark cable when I got it. I have to many cables. Should I get a new cable made for pronto? Where if so. Can it be repaired if in needed? I rebooted it. Is there anything else I can try? If I'm in the wrong place please tell me where to go.......
Post 2 made on Thursday October 28, 2010 at 21:25
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Dennis,

You want the NG or Next Generation Forum. The cable you need is a USB cable to mini-USB cable, like the one's that can be used to connect to or charge a blackberry and PC.

You can search the NG forum for a post instructing how to reinstall USB drivers for the 7000 where I discuss the registry keys that are in use. There is a special driver for the 7000 that must be installed on your system so be sure that PPENG (ProntoEditPro NG) is first installed. Maybe an uninstall and reinstall will correct your issue once you have a cable.

Lyndel
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Jump to

Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse