Your Universal Remote Control Center
RemoteCentral.com
Complete Control by URC Forum - View Post
Previous section Next section Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:
 
 

Topic:
MX-880 and Macro Issue
This thread has 9 replies. Displaying all posts.
Post 1 made on Thursday September 27, 2012 at 20:58
Sonnie Parker
Founding Member
Joined:
Posts:
December 2001
43
I guess I am losing it with this CCP software. I swapped out a Dish receiver 612 for a 722 that I had a Power On and Power Off macro programmed on the main power on and off buttons. After copying the discrete on and off commands from the IR database to the Sat device page 4, the buttons work, but I cannot seem to get them to work in the macro. I don't remember ever having this issue in the past and have programmed dozens of these, swapped out several receivers, etc, etc, but obviously something has changed or I am losing my mind. Is there particular reason the button will not work inside the macro?  Thanks!
 
Post 2 made on Friday September 28, 2012 at 08:10
danieljanderson
Long Time Member
Joined:
Posts:
November 2004
219
I have experienced similar issues in the past.
In these instances I've found that if I put the troubled command as the first step, it works.

It could still be thinking about the IR command for AUDIO POWER ON and not be ready to handle it's own command.
Post 3 made on Friday September 28, 2012 at 09:24
kgossen
Super Member
Joined:
Posts:
March 2008
3,026
On September 28, 2012 at 08:10, danieljanderson said...
I have experienced similar issues in the past.
In these instances I've found that if I put the troubled command as the first step, it works.

The problem with this is turning stuff on out of sequence and shouldn't need to be done. I'm assuming that the codes on page 4 were there before and you just copied over them? Have you tried deleting the alias to power in the macro and re-adding it again? Can't explain why but many times that seems to work in CCP (it is a crappy piece of software )
"Quality isn't expensive, it's Priceless!"
OP | Post 4 made on Friday September 28, 2012 at 10:55
Sonnie Parker
Founding Member
Joined:
Posts:
December 2001
43
Yes, I deleted all Programmed and Learned info from the button, then copied the new commands from the database to the button.

I will try moving it to the top position and see what happens.
Post 5 made on Friday September 28, 2012 at 13:21
Tom Ciaramitaro
Loyal Member
Joined:
Posts:
May 2002
7,819
I have a hard time quantifying it, but it almost seems like if you change a command on a device page, you have to go back to the macro and delete the original command, then alias the new command.

I could be wrong on this but it's one of those deals where it should be working, and when I do something like the above, it finally does work.

FWIW.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.
Post 6 made on Friday September 28, 2012 at 17:02
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
Joined:
Posts:
July 2007
8,439
Are your ports assigned? Try setting it to flash on all ports if it is and see what happens. I have not seen that on a 880, but have on a 980 before where the assigned ports fudged it up somehow.
OP | Post 7 made on Friday September 28, 2012 at 21:22
Sonnie Parker
Founding Member
Joined:
Posts:
December 2001
43
I have tried all of the above recommendations to no avail. I don't understand what the issue could be. I certainly does not make sense.

The CCP software updated when I loaded it, so I wonder if the new update has issues. I don't ever remember having these problems.

I suppose I am going to have to contact Universal. It really gripes me that they can't seem to get it right.
Post 8 made on Friday September 28, 2012 at 21:29
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
Joined:
Posts:
July 2007
8,439
On September 28, 2012 at 21:22, Sonnie Parker said...

It really gripes me that they can't seem to get it right.

Occasionally there are problems with hardware from pretty much everyone. I have had very little issues with them over the course of many years.
Post 9 made on Saturday September 29, 2012 at 13:08
Lowhz
Senior Member
Joined:
Posts:
April 2012
1,168
IIRC URC doesn't recommend dragging codes to buttons like you've done. It may have to do with the memory addressing model within CCP or whatever.

Someone above asked if you are using routed IR with a base station and I didn't see an answer. This is important since URC's IR routing is based on device and not by button like RTI.

Have you tried creating/adding a new device with only those power codes that you need? Then you hide that device and alias to the codes for the macro.
OP | Post 10 made on Sunday September 30, 2012 at 00:41
Sonnie Parker
Founding Member
Joined:
Posts:
December 2001
43
Ports assigned are different than routed IR, are they not? Sorry if I misunderstood the question. I mentioned that I tried all of the recommendations. I did set the flash on all of the ports on the 260. I do not have any emitters plugged in. I mainly use the 260 for communicating with my projector.

I did not try the separate device, but will keep that in mind in the future.

I got it to work by dragging the commands from the database directly to the macro... no alias.


Jump to


Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse