The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2,340 made on Saturday November 21, 2009 at 00:00
Bruce H.Campbell
Long Time Member
January 2007
Now I'm irritated and frustrated, the reception of tonight's rerun of "Bones" in Dollhouse's Fox/WUTV timeslot was without flaws, the resulting file size on the den computer/PVR was a little larger even at 6.67Gig...so there must have been some widescreen HD commercials added.
Frustrated because this always seems to happen in Fall/Winter and when "Fringe" is on, then I have to wait for rerun season. I saw though that CTV has streaming but a week behind that of Fox. Yet despite what I know about 'puters, I've had the worst luck with VOIP and streaming, so if I get it off CTV, It'll have to be in the tiny window as both the current systems I have are single core and not enough ooomph! for full screen. On another forum I go to though its been discussed that Rogers does throttle their traffic. In Voip, I can't get ports 5060 or 13000 open and whenever i manually download AV upgrades and other large files, Speed-o-meter reports, along with Windows dialogue, that the d/l starts in the hundreds of kb/s but quickly drops to dialup speeds.

I notice that the signal anomalies that plague my enjoyment of Fringe doesn't seem to happen during bloody sports like the baseball/football telecasts. Nerds don't count I guess. :-(

Hosting Services by ipHouse