The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday October 31, 2009 at 12:29
anicely
Long Time Member
October 2009
With the helpful resources on this site and tips from several pros I have done a pretty good job programming my new MX-980 in several hours.

I've got one problem (alright, two, but I haven't given up on the second).

The remote for my Philips Streamium SL-401 media streamer uses one button to both skip to the next song and to fast forward within a song. If you tap the button once (or for less than about 2 or 3 seconds), it skips to the next song. If you press and hold the button down, then it starts to fast forward. If you press-and-hold a second time, it increases the fast forward speed. Same setup for the review button (a tap skips backward, press-and-hold reviews)

I can't get the fast forward or the review button to do anything other than skip to the next selection.

The manual alerted me that Philips uses a RC5 "togglebot" protocol and recommends that you do the 2-pass learning system. I tried that, and it helped me straighten a number of other buttons I was having problems with, but not the last two.

I have experimented with various repeat levels (from 1 to 100). I have tried selecting and unselecting the checkbox for "repeat when pressed".

I would welcome any suggestions about how to get this done. The Philips unit is not much good if you can't fast forward or reverse at all.

Hosting Services by ipHouse