The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2,311 made on Tuesday September 29, 2009 at 09:40
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
The Digital Global HD signal is being broadcast using channel 65 UHF frecuency , and that is what mikester was asking for when he ment global hd analog.

Maybe CFTO increased power recently. At some point all of them will have to start doing so to comply with the still far away canadian digital switch date.

Maybe Global had an issue with their PSIP encoder , and if that is the case , then this will be another reason for viewers to complain about the new digital tv service. there are lots of people who still prefer the old plain analog NTSC signal in which unless the transmitter were off you would never have to re-scan to find the station again. Although this could be adressed by software on the receiver side since the receiver knew the real broadcast channel so it could therefore try to re-scan and check by itself before giving up with the no signal screen. I beleive some receivers/tvs in fact do that. With my now almost 3 year old Samsung I have never had to re-scan in such cases , only when new channels appear OTA.

Hosting Services by ipHouse