The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday August 6, 2009 at 12:11
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
Before you buy a new IR kit i would go to radio shack, take the original power supply that you thought was bad and ask them for one that will work. Save the box and receipt. Try it, if it works then your good to go. If it doesnt return the radio shack power supply and order the IR repeater kit.

The cable is most likely OK. Any IR repeater system should work. I would look for a 'plasma proof' model. [Link: amazon.com]

This one is $135.00. Its Xantech, its a well known brand.

You put the connecting block at the cable box end and the Dinky Link Receiver at the TV end of the yellow cable.

Inside the yellow cable you will find different color wires. Lets say you have red blue white black. Make sure that you use a single color for the same thing on both ends.

So red will wire to 12V at both ends. Black will be GND at both ends. White will be IR Out on one end and IR IN on one end.

Color order does not matter as long as it matches at both ends. Red for 12V and black for GND are standards so follow that if you can.

There will be a manual with a diagram similar to this in it. It will make it easy to wire it up.

Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse