The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday July 11, 2009 at 19:59
kneighbour
Long Time Member
June 2007
Thanks for the useful post about how to disassemble the unit. Once you know how, it is pretty easy.

I used to be an electronics technician, so this is familiar territory to me. I cleaned the circuit board, but it made no difference. There was no obvious water (or other liquid) damage. I certainly would have noticed soft drink damage as that is usually so obvious.

There does not seem to be any wear on the circuit board - and it is very rarely used (I am no couch potato). It would not have been used for more than 3 or 4 sessions a week. I can go days without watching TV at all. No-one here smokes. So it seems I am just unlucky.

I would send it back for repair (replacement), but with freight and the like, I am looking at around +$200. Not worth it. Also, URC is not a friendly company to deal with - it took me some effort just to buy this thing. I do not need the aggravation of trying to fix it as well.

I have since bought myself a Pronto TSU9400. Nice bit of gear. Not as solid as the MX900, but much more powerful. Mind you, Philips is not much friendly than URC to deal with...funny isn't it!

Hosting Services by ipHouse