The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2,270 made on Sunday June 28, 2009 at 16:23
Bruce H.Campbell
Long Time Member
January 2007
On June 28, 2009 at 13:31, digitalcable said...
WHEC and WHAM moving back to 10 and 13 respectively was a bad move. They are much harder to recieve now. But, WROC,WXXI and WUHF are still an easy pickup.

Didn't someone say HiVHF has better range? Well, I'm guessing I'm going to lose CFTO-DT altogether when they move and lower power output but Glowball going to 41 and 100Kw, I should be OK when the time comes. For now the analogue stations I still watch actually improved after the US switchover. Global on 41 looks as clear as it did when I lived in my old place,the colours are just not as bold as digital, same for Omni 1 on 47 and Sun on 52, even Shitty-TV on 57 while still looking like you're watching through a sandstorm the colours and some detail improved, meanwhile still no luck on Hamilton-DT. Most likely the buildings to my left[west] as reported earlier.

On June 25, 2009 at 13:00, el gran chico said...
Now that ION and WNYO's move back to 49 has been going for a couple of weeks now, how's it working for you guys??

For me, WNYO is MUCH weaker. I've haven't seen it in days and there were nights this week where Rochester/South Buffalo was booming in. I'm almost due northwest of their transmitter, about 80 miles away.

WPXJ/ION is a hit-or-miss station for me. I can't get it reliably - about 50% of the time I'd say. A little worse than analog 51 was - I got that maybe 67% of the time.

ION is hit or miss for me too but better at night, like the situation with CFTO-DT, WYNO now hovers around the 50% mark in MyHD's application indicator and even winked out once for a few seconds during "Funniest Moments". WNYO can no longer be picked up on the indoor antennas,only the outdoor. Though the signal for WUTV has improved to the 75-82% mark and I no longer have to do the indoor antenna trick for it because it seems more stable. Unlike WNED, which I still attribute to either being too close or to multipath.

Hosting Services by ipHouse