The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday June 27, 2009 at 00:38
el gran chico
Long Time Member
November 2007
You are correct hd fan. Several Digital Converter Boxes have no analog pass-thru. Using a good quality splitter is an easy solution. Most DON'T have s-video (not sure why not). The CM 7000 is one I know that does. Check the wikipedia "comparison of CECB converters" for which has which.

[QUOTE]analog will be fine[/quote] I tend to disagree. I see analog as a last resort. I set my in-laws up on digital and they very much care only for the content not the PQ and they refuse to watch anything analog except TVO since there's no choice.

If you are even the slightest bit handy, you may want to try building a Gray-Hoverman antenna - they work great! Of course, this will only work if have a good place to put it since it's 3 feet high, 2 feet wide, and 6 inches deep.

Keep checking ebay and craigslist - over time, lots of people may be moving up to HDTVs and might be selling their converters. Perhaps start on analog until you get a great deal. I bought one for about $30 Cdn (incl. delivery) about a year ago.

Good luck!

Hosting Services by ipHouse