The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2,239 made on Sunday June 14, 2009 at 09:17
rfdude
Long Time Member
March 2008
I'm pleased after the June 12th HDTV rearrangements. I had to reset and reprogram my Sony TV's, but am quite pleased with the result. I live north of Toronto where one southerly antenna azimuth at Buffalo provides Toronto and Hamilton stations as well. I'm 160kms to the farthest Buffalo transmitters. WNYO-DT was previously sporadic, but now appears solid. The new ION programs, and subs on WGRZ are super. My kids like watching the A-team!

Without a preamp, splitting 2-ways (3.5db) for a second TV, I'd usually lose some of the weakest DT stations (49 WYNO-DT) that were marginal at 17 dB SNR. Now I added a tower top preamp on Saturday that allows me to split the TV antenna three ways down below in the house. The preamp into only one TV causes overload and loss of some DT channels. But the four way splitter attenuates things enough for the TV AGC to deal with near/far signals.

Seems the preamp's 3dB NF isn't an issue as I don't seem to be missing anything from Buffalo. FM Trap is ON. My antenna is a Deep fringe VHF/UHF/FM combo.
rfdude

Hosting Services by ipHouse