The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday May 6, 2009 at 19:18
kneighbour
Long Time Member
June 2007
I have had an MX-900 for a couple of years now. Despite the silly restrictions placed on selling these things to consumers by URC, these remotes are pretty simple to 'program'. Perhaps it adds to the mystique of the product that supposedly only professonial installers can buy these things.

Anyway, it has worked just fine up until a month or so ago. Now the hard keys are starting to not work. First of all it was the 'OK' button. Now other buttons are starting to go as well. I can reassign some buttons, but it is becoming more and more frustrating. It has not been damaged in any way, not dropped, etc.

For such an expensive remote, this is very disappointing. This is more of a problem for me as I am in Australia, so that added a lot to the cost (freight, exchange rate, no warranty, etc). I also have an RF extender, which is also becoming redundant.

Is this a common problem with URC remotes? Or the MX-900 in particular? Or am I just unlucky...

I am looking for another remote - reluctantly - but probably not a URC this time!

Hosting Services by ipHouse