The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Tuesday August 26, 2008 at 14:52
JohnnyG
Long Time Member
August 2008
The project I'm currently working on imported reasonably well. I have a projector that is RS232 controlled and it took all those codes and actually created a device out of it which surprised me. It would have been nice to take that one step further and actually tell me that it did that and ask me to name the device (it just called it "unknown device")

I am seriously missing links though. I have an activity list on the side of the screen that changes based on the current activity (the current activity is not shown), so I have to copy and past the macro to each instance of that activity icon on all pages! I haven't put this remote into production as yet and I cringe at the thought of having to modify ALL those macros if need be when I go to test. The ability to change it once is now gone.

I understand that I can put these activity icons on the system page, but then I'm stuck with the same icons on every page, or if I cover one up with another somehow, I still need to manage that macro manually.

My other major complaint is that you can't alter properities when the layout is zoomed. Why?!? Very frustrating!

Other than that, I'm very happy with the interface and the general design. It is much more logical and integrated than 1.1. A much better platform to grow from.

Hosting Services by ipHouse