The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday September 21, 2006 at 22:21
GregoriusM
RC Consultant
December 1999
The URC MX-3500 will look exactly like the MX-3000 and will be 2 way, but exactly what will be received by it is unknown. It may only be component status info relayed from something like the MSC-400.

As far as it being WiFi enabled, I doubt it. I tried to talk URC into the benefits of WiFi over two years ago, and they just couldn't see the benefits.

Perhaps they've changed their mind since then.

The Harmony really isn't anything more than a color version of their last remote. If you like the Harmony, you would probably like it.

As far as the Pronto Pro is concerned, I think URC will HAVE to come up with something similar in order to compete in the $1000 to $1500 remote control range.

But, it needs to be more than just a remote control. It needs to be more of a remote commander like the Pronto with links to the PC and/or other WiFi enabled components.

I think that URC has been spending their time working on their RF issues, which are much, much better now with the RFX-250, the MRF-350 and the MSC-400.

Now, I think they need to work on a WiFi enabled remote commander with 2 way communications.

The MX-3000 and the MX-950 run on a version of Windows CE, so URC already has the expertise to at least start a move into WiFi.

IMHO.

Greg
When ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.

Hosting Services by ipHouse