The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday October 1, 2006 at 02:57
PChek
Long Time Member
May 2003
I have a 19" Sony Trinitron color TV, purchased in the spring of 1979. Nice woodgrain cabinet makes stylish furniture. Little knobs behind front panel to adjust the frequency for each of the channel buttons. Still going strong after 27 years, though doesn't get the call much anymore; sits in a corner in the rumpus room in the basement and gets occasional use. [all TRUE]

This TV uses an ultrasonic remote with five functions: Volume Up/Down, Channel Up/Down, Power Toggle. [TRUE]

I need help to learn this remote control's buttons to my MX-850. [FALSE] Hey, that's a joke, but I bet the subject line caught your attention :-)!

Just feeling a little nostalgic, remembering where we've been. I've got an even older Pioneer amplifier with black metal grill top, silver brushed aluminum front, and thick wood side panels; a still older receiver in woodgrain cabinet; a good turntable with a woodgrain base. Used to have a cabinet (mono) HiFi (truely beautiful furniture) using vacuum tubes. Even have an original wood-box wind-up 78rpm record player with no electronics in it--just a big horn!

Now I'm kinda feelin' like setting up that turntable (JVC, maybe?), dustin' off all those LPs (and some 45s), and capturing them to hard disc. Sigh
Pchek

Hosting Services by ipHouse