The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday September 8, 2006 at 17:44
BluepointVance
Lurking Member
September 2006
I'm trying to figure out if there is anyway to disable the "main" button on in the MX-3000... I've tried making all the pages under the MAIN heading hidden, but then it just defaults to the first non-hidden page under DEVICES...

As far as I can tell, there is no way to change the functionality of the MAIN and PAGE buttons, is that correct?

I could obviously make a dummy page of some kind, with a big "this page is totally useless" image on it, but that seems awfully clunky.

The problem is, I'm trying to put together a simple closed loop system for a friend who's not very technical. The idea is to have a page that says "tap here to start system" -- then once you do, the MX-3000 sends out the SYSTEM ON MACRO... Then you have access to a series of tabs for controlling the home theater (dvd, tivo, etc...) and when you're done you just tap a "SHUT DOWN" Button and it takes you a "Are you sure?" page... If you tap "yes," it sends the SYSTEM OFF MACRO and starts all over...

It's a pretty simple system, and fairly idiot-proof. I've used it on the various pronto remotes without problems... Unfortunately, the MX-3000's "main" button has no place in this setup.

Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse