The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday October 15, 2006 at 05:04
GregoriusM
RC Consultant
December 1999
Actually, this might make a LOT of sense.

Since the MX-3000 runs on a version of Windows CE, the fonts might work the way they used to back in the day when I was a computer administrator at a prepress publishing house.

If you use even one letter of one font, the ENTIRE font, at all sizes, gets downloaded to the printer, and or saved with the document in a PDF, etc.

So, I'm wondering if the same thing is happening when we are using the MX-Editor and use a few different fonts, and then maybe change some of them, leaving even a "space" behind that is in an old font, in which case that entire font might get downloaded to the remote.

And I'm wondering if when even all of a particular font is deleted from your file, if it is actually deleted from Windows CE on the device.

If I'm not making any sense, just ask, since this was a huge problem back in the day when the networks were slower, the printer's memory was far less, etc.

The same thing might be loading up the space in a configuration file and not allowing some .rcc files to download.

In YOUR case, possibly those fonts were in fact deleted, which would delete the entire font family for each font, and you were able to download a larger file, but without all the fonts you want.

I'm going to have to look into this - add a different font for each label in a config file and see if the config file balloons disproportionately.

Don't hold your breath, but I'm quite intrigued as to whether this is something we need to find out about since especially with programs like DMX-3000, we need all the space we can get.

Greg
When ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.

Hosting Services by ipHouse