The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday November 15, 2006 at 11:29
RobZ
Long Time Member
May 2003
Thank you very much for the wealth of information, I'm thinking we will try again to use the software to "make" the codes we need.

For the record I would hardly want or expect manufacturers to give us codes in ProntoHex format or any format for that matter on paper...what we need are the codes themselves learned into an actual remotes, included on their factory remotes or distributed in a downloadable file. Pronto .ccf is how we "usually" see manufacturers doing this...but if more started distributing codes in .rcc or .mxd files we would gladly accept that.

In any event Adcom i'm sure has no knowledge or understanding of MakeHex or Irpanels, so it's kinda silly for them to expect that we would, when some of us don't even employ full-time programmers or infrared code engineers, yet still want to sell reliable systems.

And we certainly don't mind going the extra mile and figuring out how to engineer their codes into a usable format...but if we don't all tell manufacturers what we want we will always spend OUR $$$ and spin OUR wheels on something they could do once and distribute freely.
Robbie D. Clark
catch122@verizon.net

Hosting Services by ipHouse