Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday November 15, 2006 at 09:26
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I took another look at Adcom files available at RC. Have you seen this one:

[Link: remotecentral.com]

It has a CCF with generated signals for NEC device 26 (which they call custom code 1AE5) and device 26.232 (which they call custom code 1AE8).

It has a doc file listing function numbers in decimal with meanings by model for many different Adcom devices.

You might be able to use that CCF directly. If not, you might use that doc file with a CCF produced by MakeHex and Irpanels.

That CCF file has a short-press-only version of NEC protocol (only the part that is in common between NEC1 and NEC2). In a Pronto and certain compatible remotes, that will send the same short signal regardless of how long you press the button.

But in previous tests I've observed that the URC Universal Browser doesn't understand short-press-only Pronto signals. It always tries to extend them to signals that send more for a long press than for a short press and it extends them incorrectly producing garbage. If that happens to you as well, you can avoid that problem by producing correct NEC1 or NEC2 signals with MakeHex. The important thing is the doc file with decimal function numbers.

That zip also contains a txt file that seems to indicate that some functions are custom code 1AE5 while others are 1AE8. I can't find any mention of 1AE8 in that doc file, but a few of the functions in a few of the posted Adcom CCF files are device 26.232 (which corresponds to custom code 1AE8) instead of device 26. Of course MakeHex could be used to generate all the 26.232 codes as well.

Hosting Services by ipHouse