The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Friday September 12, 2008 at 22:56
MIATA
Lurking Member
September 2008
Well, things are really screwy. I had to reinstall the software -- starting off with the enjoyable exercise of finding the serial number. That was no easier the second time. I'm running WIndowsXP, so this should be straight forward. I then start the program and get message about an update. I say OK and it asks me to restart the program when finished. I do that and when I start again it has another update, Same thing thing over and over. Finally, I forget about the update and decide to swap in my new Pioneer Elite reciever for my old Onkyo.

Programming was very straight forward. Seems that I got all 6 devices rearranged in about 10 minutes. I then update the MX-810. The screen is all garbled -- mostly blue. I tried the reset fix described above, but no help. I can use the software and send the updates to the remote, but the screen stays garbled. I'm really in a fix as all of my components are in a cabinet only accessible via the MX-810's RC.

Could somebody please help me before the whole family tries to kill me.

EDIT: What to they say -- the 8 time is a charm:-). Well, I did a couple of more updates trying different combinations of saving and note saving and am now able to send what seems like a good update to the remote.

Last edited by MIATA on September 12, 2008 23:05.

Hosting Services by ipHouse