The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Thursday March 20, 2008 at 17:18
Spoffo
Long Time Member
March 2008
On March 20, 2008 at 00:33, Johnny Canuck said...
Since updating using Live Update I get an error downloading
to the remote. I get "Failed to Download [DS-S00]". Any
thoughts?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ProWizard. I've
also tried different configs, different USB ports. Now
I have a bricked remote (stuck at "unable to find config,
connect to PC").

I got the same error messages and apparently bricked remote the first time I tried to download a partially program to my new MX-810. I tried removing the battery for 15 minutes to reset the unit to its default state, but no luck.

Then, based in a hunch and past experience, I found the fix: Open the battery door and look into that little space above the battery where you can see a bit of the circuit board. You'll see what looks like a tiny 4-hole female plug, and just above that a little silver device with a raised round center. That's actually a tiny reset button! Take a toothpick or other non-metallic object and press the button for about 5 seconds.

Your MX-810 unit is now un-bricked.

I don't remember what I did next, but I think it was to press Activity+ENT to bring up the systems settings and went through the "restore defaults" process. Or maybe I just hooked it back up to the USB and it worked. In any case, that hidden reset button is the key.

After that, download and all have gone smoothly, and I haven't seen a recurrence of the black screen of death. I can't say for sure that this is not a Vista problem, since I use XP.

Hosting Services by ipHouse