Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday January 26, 2007 at 14:00
Sportfreund
Lurking Member
January 2007
Hello DePampi,
first of all - thanks for your response. I am still stuck with that remote.
I'm not entirely sure, if I understand everthing your wrote. Maybe I explain my system plans first.
I do have a Raidsonic NAS 1000, and I run the Twonkyvision MediaServer 4.01 software on the NAS. The NAS is attached with a RJ-45 to the Netgear wireless router 634G.
I thought that the 9800i does connect thru the WLAN on the Router (this works - I get the connect) and finds then via upnp the Twonkyvision server that is running on the NAS. But unfortunately, when I choose "install media adapter" on the RC9800i, the device searches an upnp media adapter and finds nothing - and I'm stuck. The upnp on the WLAN is activated, but I changed nothing on the firewall on the router. Is there something special to set? Or do you think the Twonkyvision doesn't send that special Upnp command?
On the other side, I don't understand your comment, how to install the Netgear router as HTPC (you mean as media center pc ?) on the RC9800i. The router does not have a remote...
And how can I try to connect the remote to the server by the 9800i activity?
Sorry - maybe stupid questions - but I'm new in the upnp business. And I have the feeling that the Philips documentation of the 9800i is too short!
Thanks in advance,
Sportfreund

Hosting Services by ipHouse