Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 64 made on Sunday October 16, 2005 at 04:38
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Dan,

Along with passing a "very small" PCF to the ProntoTeam and several other Beta Testers with exact steps to reproduce, I also sent you an email with the PCF and the steps. The remotes are NOT locked up, but rather, it appears that the Macro that was launched on the first button press is cancelled as I can press the 'Home' hardkey and return to 'Home'.

For most of your customers, rather than having to make the trip, I bet if you will ensure that the 'Home' button always returns them to 'Home', instruct them to press 'Home' and start over.

In the meantime, I hope to get a quick response from the ProntoTeam on this issue.

For all others,

Here's a brief description the problem. Under certain conditions, a quick double-tap of a button (with links that eventually execute a page jump) where the 2nd tap occurs prior to the 'pressed' image being drawn, appears to cancel the macro. This behavior, although welcome in some circumstances, really shows up when you are using screen protectors or have shaky hands. I've found that with my screen protector, the screen is a bit more sensitive to double-presses unless I press firmly and hold.

FYI, the screen protector that I use is the RC9200/TSU3000 screen protector available here:

[Link: boxwave.com]

Previously, I was using some flimsy IPaq 3955 screen protectors that were not as transparent but were more supple and I did not have nearly as many issues.

Hope this post will shed plenty of light on the perceived "lockup" problem that is really only a Macro Cancellation (at least that's how it works in my reproduction steps).

Regards,
Lyndel McGee
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse