Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 51 made on Tuesday October 11, 2005 at 00:15
DanKurts
Founding Member
June 2001
Aliasing problem.
Running new version software and firmware. Two new 7000's, both doing the same thing, talking to two different Pioneer DVD megachangers. DVD players work fine with their remotes. Pronto's work okay on all other devices.

Set up a simple macro to stop the playing of a DVD and select the option on screen to enter a disc number and then play it. Buttons are all aliased to a work page.

If I set up the macro to only execute the Disc Select, the screen pops up and asks for the number. But when I add ANYTHING else to the macro, the player won't respond. I need for the macro to do 3 Stop commands and a Disc Select command, with .4 delay between each, and then jump to another page for the numbers so they can be entered. Not rocket science. Found that it can even be only a .4 second delay before or after the Disc Select, and it will not work.

Made a new button on same page, same results. Made a new pcf, with just the two buttons ( Disc Select and Stop) on one page, and the macro on another page, aliased back to first page. Put in all 3 stop commands and delays on the macro, learned the codes from the remote, worked fine.

Took the hex data from the bad pcf, pasted it into the new one, worked ok.
Went back to the old pcf, created a "pre" macro of the the 3 stop commands, with 3 delays, and then pasted it into the desired macro, ahead of the Disc Select command, still no go. Removed the "pre" macro and the single button alias works fine again.

Saved the old pcf in the editor, uploaded the existing pcf from the Pronto, and checked to make sure what was in it was what I originally programmed and downloaded, and it was.

Took the working hex from the new pcf, pasted it into the old one, same results, macro worked okay with Disc Select command only by itself. Add anything, it stops working.

I suppose I could blow away the pages and create new ones, and it might just work, but I'm not getting a warm-fuzzy about something so very simple that has ALWAYS worked in ALL the other Prontos I've done back to the 1000. This just started happening since the upgrade.

To make it more spooky, on an entirely different pcf, where I had a simple Help button on the home page to jump to a page that explained the basics of the Pronto, it would jump to the Help page fine, but I couldn't Browse Backward to the home page. It had been there for almost a year working fine. Reset it to Jump back to the Home page only, still stuck.
BUT, if after loading the pcf, I executed the main startup for the system from the home page, which then jumps to an Action page, and then jumped back to the home page, the Help button worked every time, set to Browse or Jump ! ARRRGGGHHHH !!

If this was a problem related to some new function or aspect, I could understand that. For procedures as old as the Pronto itself to screw up, very frustrating.

So whatcha think? VooDoo time? Sacrifice some old OEM remotes in a bonfire to the remote gods and shout "Out, out foul hex, be gone bad bits....." or just take two six packs and go to bed, universal cure for everything......

Sorry, I digressethed, again.
Thankth!

Dan

Hosting Services by ipHouse