The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Friday April 21, 2006 at 22:06
ddarche
Mr. RemoteQuest
February 2002
The Guide was originally written for the 3000. Despite a few very small differences in the version it was written for versus the current version, you should not see any significant differences in the screen photos or the instructions and should be able to follow along quite well.

If not, I would really like to hear about your specific issues.

I have updated the Guide about a dozen times already, to keep up with changes in ProntoEdit, over the years.

Unless there is something odd happening, I cannot see you feeling it is out of sync, as ProntoEdit has not changed that much since 2003.

A few new features have been added but that should not disturbe you on page 18.

Possibly you mis-interpreted the instuctions?

If you have specific issues, please let me know directly at dave@ProntoWizard.com.

We have sold several thousand copies of the Guide since its 2003 release and have had very few negative comments.

I am working on a new release for 2006, to bring it up to date, but again, the differences are less than 5%.

Thanks and feel free to contact me with any issues you might have.

Thx Dave

Update: I did look at the section which was mentioned and it turns out it is not a update issue. However, it looks like a design oversight. When following along with the Guide, you cannot see a "Button Properties" screen at that point because there are not any Devices, nor any pages or buttons. heheee...3000+ users and no one has written to me about that before!! I will make a note to fix that in the next release. A few pages deeper in the Guide, the button properties box becomes available, after you add a Device, Page and then a button.

Last edited by ddarche on April 22, 2006 11:47.
Dave D'Arche
http://RemoteQuest.com
Fine Home Theater Remote Controls & Solutions - Programming services for most remotes

Hosting Services by ipHouse