The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday April 21, 2006 at 03:29
BiGBeaR
Long Time Member
October 2003
On April 20, 2006 at 09:16, dubster said...
But that
said, at the cost of it, I dont think its much
to expect the author to keep it up to date with
the current software situtation.

dubster,

I don't think you can really expect the author to have a crystal ball. He will not know what features/enhancements/changes are included in any new release until after it is released. Then, testing will be done on the new release and generally you'd need to get to know the software inside out before you can write a guide for it. As such, there will definitely be a somewhat lengthy time lag between updates to the guide, on technical grounds. I believe that the author does mention that an update is in the works.

On economic grounds, you can only update and reprint every so often and remain profitable. This is not on the NYT bestseller list. He doesn't have "over a million copies sold". Sales volumes are not that high and production and printing cost need to be spread over a lower quantity.

My advice is to recognize this guide for what it is: an excellent tool that enables you to maximize your Pronto's usefulness to you, despite a few differences with the very latest release here and there. Be patient and take the time to familiarize yourself with PPENG and the guide a little bit, and then judge what the guide can do for you.
"Die, my dear doctor! That's the last thing I shall do!"
-Lord Palmerston

Hosting Services by ipHouse