The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday June 9, 2007 at 14:49
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I'm a bit skeptical. The players I've seen with mechanical power switches do not respond to any Power IR commands at all. I mean not just a push button power switch, but one that you push and it stays in, then you push again and it comes back out.

I don't understand why these were ever made, but it's probably another example of a manufacturer not having a clue how remote control systems should be constructed for use in the real AV world.

The workaround is to leave it on all the time and be sure you have a CD STOP command in your power-down macro. In fact, it would be good to have a CD STOP command in every other source macro just to be sure you don't wear the thing out.

Imagine the stupidity of a 300-disc player in PLAY that can't be turned off by remote! When the unit's stopped, the motors turn off and so don't wear out, but if a player like that is left in PLAY, it can go for more than a week!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse