Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Friday December 14, 2001 at 10:04
mbbaker
No Longer Registered
The problem of not having an upload feature for me is that the NEO database didn't have a lot of my devices even listed and the ones that did, didn't have all of the buttons I needed or the IR command in its database didn't work my device. So, after building my panels, I had to remember which buttons on which panel to "re-learn".

And then I wanted to change buttons, move things around for ease of use, download and have to remember which panels and which buttons to "re-learn".

Then added a device, built a panel, downloaded and had to remember which panels and which buttons to "re-learn".

I have a Pronto Pro, but wanted to use the NEO for the kids. I finally got tired of "re-learning" and returned the NEO.

FWIW, I really liked the form factor of the NEO for the kids and wifes use, but leaving out a major feature like upload does not make a simpler device. When I emailed Philips about this, their response was they will "NEVER" include the upload as it was not in the hardware. According to them it is not just a software issue.

But, like they say, never say never.

Mike B

Hosting Services by ipHouse