The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Thursday December 20, 2001 at 14:14
cgreen
Founding Member
December 2001
Yes! I wonder if this was planned the whole time but the support folks were simply out of the loop. Its a common enough scenario.

Hammy211, yeah that was my theory. I work at a software company so I know how STUPID management can be about rushing an incomplete product out to customers and then quickly following it up with service packs. I think they learnt that from Microsoft ;) !

The update page looks great, in addition to uploading my next complaint was about the labels and a pet peeve was the backlight. Looks like I might be able to retire my TSU1000 after all. But it wouldn't surprise me if the software still has a long ways to go. The patch may be a rush job too so they don't instantly "turn off" new customers on the 25th. I would expect a more solid release 2-3 months down the road. You don't just simply add a bunch of new features, QA it (which seemed to be completely missing from the previous releases), alpha test, beta test, and release in a few weeks. So if they "just" changed their mind it could be months before it works correctly. If support was simply uninformed but development has been heads down for the last couple months maybe we can expect what should have been released in the first place.

Hosting Services by ipHouse