The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday December 27, 2001 at 09:17
vanderwielen
Founding Member
December 2001
i think i can answer your question without really digging much. i've been programming the neo since it came out and have developed alot of my own BMPs. the fact that the NEO isn't really very powerful (when compared to the regular pronto) limits what your imagination will be able to think up. first, the resolution of the screen (about 96x128 with only 4 shades of grey) limit the memory required for buttons.
if you try to reduce the size of the buttons so you can make more functions on one page, you'll find the accuracy of the screen a problem, ie: you'll press the wrong button. philips says not to put more than 30 on one page, but in reality, the maximum usable buttons are 15. i place 12 on a screen. perhaps with future updates, you'll be able to come up with more memory intensive things, but for now you'd rack your brain thinking of them once you determine the units features (and limitations). honestly, if i could find the regular pronto for just a few bucks more i would have gone that way but i was just strolling thru best buys when...

Hosting Services by ipHouse