Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday December 25, 2001 at 23:30
deepcover
Founding Member
October 2001
Dead Remote Bug
I downloaded the update, installed it, then ran it. The remote locked up, as the PC stated the update was complete, after about 30 seconds. It was still locked up 5 minutes later. I removed batteries, put them back in. It wouldnt power up. I pushed the hidden reset button, tried new batteries. Nothing.
This is how I fixed it.
I started the update. 3 times it said it couldnt talk to the remote, and then came up with a retry or cancel screen. I selected retry which brought up the firmware update screen, started it, andpushed the reset button by the batteries, and waited. It took maybe 2.5 to 3 minutes, while nothing showed any response, and the remote rebooted with a beep. The first time I tried this scenario without the remote reset, after clicking the Start update button, it instantly said update finished. I just tried again. Hope this helps...
This happened to me, and another Remote Central Member. He followed My instructions and his remote is now fixed. This should be added to this list, but Someone may want to clean up my grammar or phrasing.

Hosting Services by ipHouse