The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 19, 2001 at 21:25
vanderwielen
Founding Member
December 2001
Guys, lets use this thread for work around of known bugs. please post new bugs on another thread. Thanks to those of you who have discovered some of these work arounds:

BUG 1: NEO WONT LEARN SOME OF DEVICES!

Someone had discovered that if you press the button on the other remote, hold it and then press and learn the neo's button that sometimes it takes! I have programmed my Samsung HDTV tuner this way. It took several tries on some buttons, but eventually it worked. I also noticed that it took sometimes when they were pressed at the same time. It never took when the NEO was pressed first and the old remote second.

BUG 2: IF I END MY MACRO IN A JUMP TO MY TV DEVICE PAGE THE TV BUTTONS ON THE NEO DON'T SEND OUT IR EVEN THOUGH THEY APPEAR TO BE WORKING.

however, you'll find that if you go to the devices page and then back to the TV device page that they magically work again! this same problem occurs anytime you jump out of a macro directly to a device page like tv, dvd, vcr and so on. the work around seems to be that you must 'link' to the F key on the TV device page 1 and then 'jump' to the device page you want. this assumes that you are using the default.ncf file or that your file has linked the F key to bring up the main (first page) device page. Someone had posted that the link to F key disappears each time you save your file. he found that he had to make the links within the 'actions' section of a button, leave the file open and download to the NEO. however, i did not have this problem.

3. I GET THE CORRUPT FLASH MEMORY MESSAGE.

first, press the reset pushbutton on the back of the unit. odds are that won't fix it. next, try to reload the default.ncf file. if your serial communications has never worked (except perhaps to trash your flash memory) you may be SOL. however, i was able to use my son's old, old compaq and it's serial port worked. i was able to load the unit from there. i do the development of my ncf's on my computer and then sneaker net them to his computer.

4. WHEN I INSERT A BUTTON I GET A MESSAGE TELLING ME THAT THE NEW BUTTON IS WRONG SIZE, OR WON'T FIT ON THE PAGE OR IS A DIFFERENT SIZE FROM THE ORIGINAL.

all the provided buttons are of a specific size (pixels) and are alway retangular independant of how they look. first, delete the 'depressed' state bitmap. the depressed and released states appear to have to be the same size. i've gotren in the habit of always deleting the depressed state and never reassigning a bitmap to it. next, you may be trying to insert a button within the retangular box of another button. try creating a new page, inserting the button you want in there and then dragging it to the area you want. Using PAINT, you can open a button bitmap and see the size of the button. you can change the attributes and the size and play around to create a button you can use. but be careful as there is currently no way to recalibrate the touch screen! mine is not very accurate. smaller buttons will create errors.

5. IT'S HARD TO GET THE BUTTONS TO LINE UP WITH MY MOUSE SINCE THE PAGES ARE SO SMALL.

the neo's resolution is much smaller than the pronto. so the pages are small. place the button near the area you want and use the UP DOWN RIGHT and LEFT arrows on your keypad to reposition them

Hosting Services by ipHouse