The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday January 3, 2002 at 17:13
Jeff Zacharias
Founding Member
January 2002
I just got a NEO and have a few questions. First the IR seems to be very weak. I need to point it directly at my equipment for it to work. With the touch screen I have to lift the remote up, locate a button, point the remote down at the equipment which is near the floor, repeat. I have a One For All Cinema 7 and I can point it in any direction in the room and it still operates my equipment. Is the NEO IR really this weak ?

I have also been playing with the remote for about 4 days. No programming, just learning a few buttons. One bar is already gone from the battery. At this rate I'll need new batteries in a couple of weeks. Is the battery life really that bad ? I have the LCD and backlight set at 8 seconds.

Lastly, it seems like a good remote should be based on what you want to do, not on your devices. I want to watch TV, watch DVD, listen to a CD, etc. I know this can be accomplished with the wife friendly macro, but why do I have to go to a device screeen, then to a macro screen to get the macro I want. Why can't the staring point of the remote be a list of activities ? Should I just program a hard buttin to always go to e device screen with marcos ?

Lastly, has anybody had any luck programming the NEO using a Macintosh and Virtual PC ?

Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse